Monday, February 18, 2013

Odds, ends and chores around the house - Part 2

My second project this weekend was making a little support for my Sewing Bird.  I received the Sewing Bird as a Yule Gift from my daughter.  I currently do not have a sewing room, I have converted part of the garage into storage and I've made a little portable sewing cart to move around the house with me.  It helps to have a rolling cart that holds almost anything I could need for a project.  Also, I can change it around based on project.  My husband really likes how contained my stuff is as we can quickly roll it to another room if we have company.

Unfortunately, the cart wasn't really set up for clamping anything like a sewing bird to it, so I had to improvise.  I simply made a little U shaped support to slide in the top tray.  It works like a charm.  My little cart is a Raskog from Ikea.

In my portable cart I keep a set of scissors, a bowl of pins and a measuring tape.  You can see my "tool box" in the bottom tray and I keep project supplies and extra thread in the middle tray.


No comments:

Post a Comment