Monday, February 18, 2013

HSF #3 Under it All

I finished my paniers on time, but didn't have time to blog about them until now.  I did the Panier A Long (kind of) and I decided to use cable ties as I've friends that use them instead of bones in corsets...  I'm still trying to decide if I want to add ties to the paniers, and I definitely want to put a proper waist band instead of a tie.  I splurged and got Toile for two reasons I like it and they won't get confused with someone else's paniers.  (Dicken's taught me that we should all add distinguishing touches to our items so that they are easily identifiable.)

    

The Challenge: Under It All

Fabric: Decorator weight toile

Pattern: the Panier a long!

Year: 18th century

Notions: twill tape, cable ties for bones

How historically accurate is it? Machine stitched and I used cable ties instead of reed for the bones otherwise it's fairly good. 

Hours to complete: 1 to cut it out - maybe three in total...

First worn: Not yet

Total cost: $20 for fabric and ties

No comments:

Post a Comment