Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Challenge #20 Part 2 My Pelisse


      


  


Fabric: Wool/Poly blend - Lining is cotton (From my stash)
Pattern: Sense and Sensibility Spencer/Pelisse
Year: Regency (Roughly 1800-1820ish)
Notions: Buttons ($4.20)
How historically accurate is it? Pretty good, period pattern, fabric looks period, a mixture of machine and hand sewing.
Hours to complete:Several, I did this over the course of two weeks.  
First worn: For the Tall Ships in October
Total cost: < $30 (I have a couple of yards of wool left over).

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Does that red pop. There will be no ignoring you in that jacket. The way the waistline seems to arc up in the back in interesting, though. was that a pain to assemble and still get your hem even?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S&S has a dress pattern with the same back. I just used that skirt pattern to make it. It has the same arch in the middle back. I actually hemmed it before I attached it to the jacket.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete