Sunday, June 23, 2013

Raspberry Sorbet Skirt - aka HSF - #6 Stripes

This challenge was due in March, but I'm more focused on completing as many challenges as I can rather than doing it on time.  This was a fairly easy skirt, but with only 3 yards of damaged fabric it posed some complications.  I was able to get 3 panels just under 30 inches long. The pleated ruffle is about 270 inches long (7.5 yards!).
A close up of the pleated ruffle.

Of course I had to add lace!

The Challenge: Stripes
Fabric: Sheer Pink with Stripe
Pattern: none
Year: 1870's (although I may be able to use it elsewhere)
Notions: hook and bar for closure
How historically accurate is it? It's a cotton and the trim is inspired by both Victorian foofy-ness and 18th century froth.
Hours to complete:4
First worn: the Tissot picnic
Total cost: Everything is from my stash excepting the lace which cost about 62¢ a yard.

No comments:

Post a Comment