Sunday, April 24, 2011

Wizard of Oz @ SCT

So since the middle of March I've been rehearsing Wizard of Oz. To be clear, I'm in the ensemble which for you non-theatre folks means that I'm in the big group numbers. I've been having loads of fun. I've learned to dance the polka. I've also learned that we have an amazing group of talented young adults. I have learned that while I'm not the most nimble person in the world I can still get around. Making it look graceful is hard, but hey, I'm up for the challenge.

The only downfall with being in a show and working full time is that now my life is eaten up by the show. I've hardly done ANY sewing whatsoever. Also, Spring Break, which I thought would be my sewing catch up time, has quickly become my "make a bunch of cast gifts" time. Not everyone does this sort of thing, but I'm creative and like to come up with fun ways of giving folks a memento for the show. I'll post details on the cast gifts later because I don't want to spoil the fun.

The show runs from May 12 through May 30. So I'll be back after that "hopefully".

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could come see that! Stupid living so far away, but I'm sure it'll be amazing! *hugs* <3

    ReplyDelete